Tuesday 29 March 2011

Exhibition Complete

Finally the exhibition that i have been working towards 'Where do you run to?' has opened to the public for a week at 'The Octagon,' Milsom place, Bath!

'Where do you run to?'

‘Art, design, print, fabric, colour, texture, movement, light, beauty, quality, vitality, freedom; this is not work, it is a way of life we choose to live. Enrichment through artistry. Inspired by living.’ Georgina Von Etzdorf.

One day I plan to travel India, to source fabrics, photograph the changing landscape but more importantly to be inspired and changed! Therefore the Paisley pattern is a predominant feature throughout my designs. However I have also incorporated an Iznik style because I am particularly attracted to the beautiful turquoise blues that are reminiscent to the ocean that I escape to once in a while. Print, embellishment and opulent colour schemes are the symbiosis behind my creations. Most recently I have transferred my pen and ink style drawings via CAD in order to see my work in another dimension when transferred onto fabric. I hope to pursue a collection of beautiful silk scarves and bespoke interior accessorizes during my time at university. This paragraph was featured in the exhibition brochure.

No comments:

Post a Comment