Wednesday 7 September 2011

Two weeks to go before term starts ......

I have just come across my second year working studio and it is a reminder that in a few weeks time i will be back to the drawing board, pinning up inspiration for my final year projects! I can't believe how fast it has all come around, in less than a year i will be graduated! Scary but exciting at the same time!

This Summer i have done many things, i spent a week in Brighton at 'Jenny King's' studio. She works for the fashion designer 'Erdem.' I had the chance to see how a small embroidery studion runs. Then i had interviews in London for placements at Liberties, Clarissa Hulse Interior Design Studio and French Connection, PR department. I spent a week in London whilst taking my portfolio around to the design studios. I had a great response from the three different companies and it was a fantastic oppurtunity to talk about my work and also gain an understanding into what all these different placement's entail. Liberties offered me a placement for two weeks of which i'm hopefully going to do at some point. French Connection, sadly weren't taking anyone on this summer, due to office changes, however they have offered me a placement when i graduate, which is great! Luckily thanks to Clarissa Hulse Design Studio i was offered a placement for the month of July. The studio is based in Islington, London and i travelled an hour across London everyday from Wimbledon which was quite a tiring experience. I really enjoyed the placement as i gained a clear insight into how an Interior business is run on a day to day basis. I was so lucky to have had the oppurtunity, as it is quite a pressure today to find placement's and especially trying to find somewhere to stay. Luckily i was able to stay with some family friends which was fantastic! Being in London was great, on the weekends i had the chance to explore all the different areas of the city, i discovered a wonderful fan museum which was located in Greenwich, qued up for three hours on the opening day, to see 'Catherine Middleton's' Royal wedding dress. Just beautiful! My time was not wasted, to be honest i don't think i sat still! After a month in London, i returned home to North Devon and have continued to work on a summer project that was set, the work just keeps on coming! I have also started on the long journey towards completing my dissertation! Luckily i have had the chance to relax, having visited one of my close friends in Madrid and making the most of the beach and sea!

I will blog about recent work in the next coming days x

No comments:

Post a Comment